Brisbane’s favourite producer, Young Franco, has had a huge 2017 on the back of the release of ‘Miss You’ earlier in the year, performing to sold out crowds in Australia, London and Seoul. On the back of a huge touring schedule, the auspicious Franco released a grime infused track, ‘About This Thing’, featuring UK vocalist Scrufizzer further showcasing his ability to produce tracks that ooze groove and flow across a variety of vocal styles. The Brisbane producer is currently on tour as a part of the Alison Wonderland Scarehouse Project tour. With an EP anticipated to drop early next year, it would seem such a successful 2017 is only the start for Young Franco.
- First of all this is a pretty unique idea for a set of shows, what were your thoughts when you were asked to join the line up?
Yeah, it’s unreal! I feel it’s a really unique way to be putting on a festival. I think that’s what so fun about AW shows. It’s an experience. I was super stoked to be asked to join the line-up with such a great mix of artists.
- Do you even know where the locations are before the day?
I did! But only like a week before. It was kept super tight right up until the end. Was sort of cool to know so little as it added to the excitement.
- Starting in your home town must have been pretty cool, how much of a difference does it make where you play?
In Australia, I think that every city is super positive and responsive. There definitely is something special about playing in your hometown and being in front of friends. I think every place I play is a new challenge to get people excited.
- You’ve toured with Alison Wonderland in the past, have you learnt much from her and the other names on this ‘Project Tour’?
I’ve been lucky enough to know Alison for maybe 3 years now. She was a super positive influence and mentor to me starting out as well as super caring. It was awesome to tour with her, especially when I first started out as I was in front of crowds I never would have been exposed to at that time.
- You’ve been touring a fair bit lately, can we expect that to continue after the Scarehouse Project?
A few bits and pieces here and there! Looking to organise a really cool tour around early mid next year
- What about new music in the near future?
More music! I’ve been writing heaps of different stuff which I’ve been super stoked with.